Low-life humanoid types, bow down low before the presence of the great Pooch Doggy Dog!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Want To Trade My Matchbox Car For Your Toy Gun Before I Smash Your Gun?

BAGHDAD, IRAQ -- On a recent house-to-house search for illegal weapons in Baghdad's Sadr City neighborhood, soldiers confiscated a number of toy guns.
That's right: Whenever soldiers found a plastic pistol or a pint-sized shotgun, the toys were promptly smashed.
Capt. Andrew Slack, a company commander with Task Force 1-6 Infantry, said that toy guns can be a big problem in a violent neighborhood like Sadr City. He showed me a handbill in Arabic that explains how toy weapons can be mistaken for the real thing, especially at night. But he added: “Never in a million years did I think I would be confiscating toy weapons.”
Slack carried a small stash of matchbox cars to replace the lost toys.
"I can give them a toy for a toy, I will," he said. "So I will give them a matchbox car as a replacement, along with a little information and literature. Hopefully it’ll make them understand that it’s only inviting a disaster, potentially. If it’s misconstrued or seen at the wrong time, brandished in a manner that looks threatening, it’s not going to be good for either side."
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/12/gun-control-com.html

1 comment:

  1. Since you're into trading items, Have you ever heard of this site? milehighswap.com I got it in an email at work yesterday. From what I understand, it’s a place where you can swap stuff for frequent flyer miles or swap miles for stuff, depending which end you’re on. It’s like buying stuff on eBay without spending cash. You use your miles instead. It might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Prairie Pooch Fans

The Prairie Pooch Hole