Low-life humanoid types, bow down low before the presence of the great Pooch Doggy Dog!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Chicago couple wait for first kiss at the altar

CHICAGO – Won't kiss on the first date? How about waiting until marriage? Chicagoans Melody LaLuz and Claudaniel Fabien shared their first kiss Saturday at the altar. The two teach abstinence at the city's public schools and practiced what they preached to their teenage students. The Chicago Tribune reports that the couple had never kissed and that they had never been alone together in a house. A friend of LaLuz says wedding guests cheered and stomped during the two-minute smooch between the 28-year-old bride and the 30-year-old groom. LaLuz and Fabien say they have no worries about how they will spend their honeymoon in the Bahamas.

This is one of the saddest stories I've ever blogged or read.  I guess I can understand the sex deferment, (even though I know this opens me up to the charge of inconsistency.)  But, never kissed before they got married?  Folks, Pooch Dog says this is more than sad.  It's stupid!  Seriously, it's dumb.  Let's see, I am dating a girl and I tell her, "I am not going to give you a smile.  I'm going to save it for marriage so you will treasure it more."  I'm embarrassed for these Chicagoans.  And, I'm embarrassed for the segment of Christianity that tries to crush natural human expression out of existence.  

And, forgive me if the impetus for these abstinence only folk didn't come from Christian elements.  (I'm a Christian, and go to church every week, and teach an adult study group, and "have been saved."  Don't accuse me of being a secular loser!)

Go back to the Mayflower!  

(I think you know what I think by the picture I've selected to accompany this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Prairie Pooch Fans

The Prairie Pooch Hole