Low-life humanoid types, bow down low before the presence of the great Pooch Doggy Dog!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Transparence Lost

Tomorrow, November 29 at 11:10am, is when my trusty fellow dog Splunger died.  Or, rather was put to sleep.  He had stomach cancer.  

My parents are dead, as are all my aunts and uncles and many of Seraphina's relatives.  Her father passed away about 10 years ago.  And, we grieved.  But, why was the death of that dog, who couldn't even read a word... he had only learned his alphabet thru "M"... harder on me, (both of us, I think), than the deaths of our humanoid (OK, I'm only a dog wannabe) loved ones?

Go figure!

Splunger came to us from my son, who sometimes blogs on The Prairie Pooch Hole.  S.P.Lunger.  get it?  S.P. has had his own heartache as one of their pets passed away a few days ago.  Only thing is he has youngsters who are asking questions.  Imcluding an excerpt from his blog below.  Check out his blog, and especially the last entry.  


My four year-old has learned that dreams receive special attention at our house. So now he periodically regales us with morning tails of nighttime adventures in Tel'aran'rhiod. His most recent dream was quite disturbing (to me) and included images of Godzilla and something being skinned; this was juxtaposed alongside images of our pet dog, recently deceased, returning to life.

My wife's dog, Benji, passed in the night last week. Our boys helped us bury him and then the questions began:

"Why do bodies break?"
"Will we see Benji again?"

or this one:

Him: "When will I die?" 
Me: "Not until you're much older.
Him: "Like when I'm seven?"

Sad world...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Prairie Pooch Fans

The Prairie Pooch Hole