Low-life humanoid types, bow down low before the presence of the great Pooch Doggy Dog!

Friday, November 21, 2008

More Media Trust Ramblings


The zogby poll was amazing, as you can tell by my comment following the blog below.  I don't know much about Zogby, but somewhere got the sense they were reasonably objective.  Nonetheless, I wanted to read the fine print about the poll.  It bothers me that the article I linked to on Wired.com didn't clearly, (if at all; I might have missed it), point me to the source, the poll itself.  How to check the structure of the poll?

In my searching I ran into this January 2008 article.  It says the same results... Fox on top, etc... have been found on six other polls.  While I am not surprised at all by the numbers, I am interested nonetheless in the poll methods.  If I find more, I'll blog.  In the meantime, here's the January 2008 article...

For the sixth time in a year, a national survey has found many more Americans see a media bias to the left than to the right, and the latest poll released earlier this month by the Sacred Heart University Polling Institute, discovered "significantly declining percentages of Americans saying they believe all or most of media news reporting," with MSNBC (at a piddling four percent) and PBS (three percent) the least trusted for accurate reporting. Fox News, at 27 percent, was the most trusted, way ahead of second-best CNN at 14.6 percent. The Fairfield, Connecticut university's January 8 press release reported: "Just 19.6 percent of those surveyed could say they believe all or most news media reporting. This is down from 27.4 percent in 2003."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Prairie Pooch Fans

The Prairie Pooch Hole